Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Pinch Hitting

So ladies and gentleman the weekend officially starts now. I'm going to see all the old friends from college. That means one thing. Shit Show. I used to really pride myself on my ability to handle my liquor when I go out. However, I have been telling a friend of mine for 3 months now that I am not who I used to be. I used to be tough. I used to be able to go out 5 nights a week and rock them all. I truly lived the dream. Now I live in Atlanta. I sit in traffic. I know far fewer people that I ever really thought I would. Lastly, I never get to go out.

I'll admit I have settled down a little bit. I will still go to Cabo btw but it hasn't been all bad. I find peace in my dogs, cooking, and watching the Braves. I titled this entry pinch hitting because thats what I do. You know to a certain extent you will always be able to play the game with excellence for at least for one at bat. At this point though, its pretty much all I am good for. I don't exercise and workout the liver like I used to. However, my eye is as good as it always was but my body just doesn't have it in me to play everyday anymore. It's not bad. I have people who depend on me more than I ever have and I know with each passing day comes more responsibilty. I will always love the days I lived in Birmingham and sometimes I will miss them. But life has a funny way of changing and working out for you. I am really excited about that as well. But I'm not gonna lie to you... this weekend. I'll be pulling out my best Julio Franco impersonation

No comments: