Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Roger Clemens

So the "biggest cheater" of em all takes the stand in front of congress manana. I know everybody thinks they know whats coming on my thoughts about this but I think you might be wrong. I hope the rocket gets up on the stand tomorrow and lays em all down. I'm think you can ask any of my baseball loving friends and they'd tell you that I have never really been a big fan of the guy. He's done everything right to this point. Does a lot of charity work everywhere he has been. Talked like a badass and played like one. Everybody is kinda off his bandwagon now. Word on the street through the news today is that 3rd party depositions aren't favorable to the his case. So be it. I think Roger is guilty. But I would like to see him beat this for one reason.

I think this witch hunt is an incredible waste of my money. I think its an injustice to me as a tax payer and middle class worker that this would ever see the congressional floor.

I kinda sympathize in ways with him, in only the smallest of ways. We've all been in trouble for saying or doing something that was wrong. And though you won't admit it. The only reason you're sorry is that you got caught. Most of the time I know I am genuinely sorry but sometimes I'm not. But this case is incredible. The guy has his own press conference. Got in front of the country with Mike Wallace on 60 minutes and told us again about how he had never done anything wrong. I suspect tomorrow Clemens will tell congress, under oath that he never took any performance enhancing drugs. Blah Blah. One of my best friends played baseball at a big BCS school and got drafted and played a few seasons of ball in the pros. He said that the problem was really wide spread, and that this whole thing has turned into a goose chase

Tomorrow will be a day of bordem all over the media. It'll be old men in suits probably hearing a bunch of lies but maybe their will be some truth. Colin Cowherd says weekly. "Never lie to a man in a suit". He's right. They have power they have money. Avoid them in confrontations at all cost.

But I want to see him succeed for one reason. If you're not sorry and you think you can get away with it. Go for it buddy. Tell them whatever you want. Stick to your story, trust no one, and shove this one right back up Americas ass. Just don't get caught :)

No comments: